[lug] vi as a Mutt editor

D. Frye dafr at peakpeak.com
Thu Sep 22 19:17:21 MDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 06:11:11PM -0600, Bill Thoen wrote:
} I'm switching from Pine to Mutt and its default editor is vi. I know I can set
} up a different editor, but currently pico isn't installed and I can't figure why emacs
} doesn't work. Anyway, I'm willing to try vi as a mail editor, but I'd like it to do a couple of things.
}
} First, can I get it wrap lines at about 68 characters or so? And does Mutt have a spell checker?
}

Since you have already gotten spell checking figured out, here is the
other bit. I have this in my .muttrc file:

set editor='vim -c "set tw=72" +2'

It's in the document, but here it is anyways.

--

D. Frye
dafr AT dafr.us