Solved: Re: [lug] computer hangs at boot: Checking NVRAM

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 11:31:13 MDT 2005

Thanks everyone for the help. It was the CMOS. I don't know the setting,
they all looked okay when I went through them. but after I did a reset It
booted.

I tried "reset to factory defaults" but that didn't solve the problem. I had
to unhook the poser supply and move the jumper. After that, it got through
POST quickly.

Amusingly, after the reset it started to boot into Fedora Core 2. This is
only amusing if you realize that I run Mandriva and never installed FC2 on
this system. I saw grub prompt me for FC2 and thought "WTF?"

Then I realized that my second HD came from a FC2 box, and the reset changed
the drive boot order. A quick reset of the boot order made Mandriva come up.

Thanks again for the suggestions,

Michael