[lug] Perl based Flatfile Wiki Recommendations

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Mon Oct 3 11:18:25 MDT 2005

I don't know if this would fit your needs, but there are several
client-side wikis based off of TiddlyWiki. They're single page ajax
applications that don't require any server support.

I wouldn't recommend them for mission critical applications, but they're
not bad for what they are:
   TiddlyWiki http://www.tiddlywiki.com/
   GTDTiddlyWiki http://shared.snapgrid.com/gtd_tiddlywiki.html
   NextAction (not really a wiki, more of a task tracker)
      http://trimpath.com/project/wiki/NextAction

I use PMwiki, but that requires php support. (And, if I recall correctly it
is possible to install php running as a cgi without any Apache support,
it just runs a bit slower that way.)

Evelyn Mitchell

* On 2005-10-03 11:05 Craig <Talbert at Colorado.EDU> wrote:
> Hey BLUG,
>
> I need to deploy a wiki on a server that doesn't have (and that I can't
> install on) a DBMS, or Tomcat, or any kind of ASP engine, or a PHP module
> for Apache, or Ruby, or Python, etc.
>
> All I've got to work with is the version of Perl installed (5.6.1) and sh,
> tcsh, gcc, rcs, and the like. I've been taking a look at Perl wikis and
> Twiki seems like the obvious choice given the circumstances, but I thought
> it might be worth asking to see if people had other suggestions?
>
> - Craig
> "Ne te quaesiveris extra."

This email is: [ ] actionable [x] fyi [ ] social
Response needed: [ ] yes [x] up to you [ ] no
Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [ ] soon [x] none

                            http://www.tummy.com/