[lug] Vim Modes Question

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Oct 4 10:21:56 MDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 05:25:05PM -0600, Bill Thoen wrote:
>(nothing fancy; just something to see if I could get it to work) and if you
>type ',whee' quickly enough, the cursor drops 5 lines in normal mode. If you
>type too slowly, it doesn't work. I thought the problem was with the mode
>or something like that, but I wasn't typing fast enough.

There is a timeout you can change for that, on old, slow terminals you
sometimes had to change that for function or arrow keys to work.  Those
sorts of things are mostly meant for keyboards that send escape sequences.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 "You're thinking of Mr. Wizard."  "[Emilio Lizardo's] a top scientist,
 dumbkopf."  "So was Mr. Wizard."  -- _Buckaroo_Banzai_