[lug] Why doesn't any OS see my memory?

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Thu Oct 6 15:30:28 MDT 2005

Yes, this is normal - on 32bit systems.  I forgot where all the memory address
space is used - but a 32bit system can only address 4GB of RAM. Your video
memory and other driver address space is included in that number.  3.5GB is
what I remember as the maximum amount of usable RAM on a 32bit system.

Ferdinand

--
Ferdinand Schmid
Architectural Energy Corporation