[lug] SMTP Relay service

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Oct 9 23:13:00 MDT 2005

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 08:22:22PM -0600, Lee Woodworth wrote:
>Ben Luey wrote:
>>blocked because they are sent from my dynamic IP address. I don't need
>>high volume or support for more than a few MB attachments -- just an smtp
>>service I can authenticate and relay to. Any recommendations?
>>
>tummy.com might have this kind of service.

There are plenty of places you can do it as long as you are using the
e-mail domain name of the server you are connecting through.  Like Gmail.
Of course, that's only for the envelope sender, many places will allow you
to do whatever in the headers.

We have a couple of options including: For something around $20/year per
account we have a hosted e-mail service but you might run into problems
there if you didn't use it for your incoming e-mail as well.  We also for
$25/month have a "virtual dedicated" Linux hosting service that you could
install your own e-mail server on and relay out from there.  These are not
in dial-up blocks, so you probably wouldn't run into those sorts of blocks.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 Nothing is illegal if one hundred businessmen decide to do it.
                 -- Andrew Young