[lug] up2date and skip list AND install server

Gordon Golding gordongoldin at netscape.net
Tue Oct 11 16:45:51 MDT 2005

Does anyone know where the ignore/skip list for up2date lives?

I have a large number of servers to set up.
I want things as clean as possible.  I always do a FC 3 or 4 with minimal install.

After initial install, some people just hit up2date and let it install everything.
I take a long time to walk through the ignore/skip list for each machine.

I want to do one and copy the skip list to the others before doing up2date.

ALSO -
How can I set up an install server with Fedora Core 3 or 4?

I learned to do that on Suns long ago.  I can't just clone drives - every machine has a different mouse, and/or video card, and/or number of CD, DVD readers.

--
Gordon Golding
aka Golding the Younger DH70
gordongoldin at netscape.net
http://cslr.colorado.edu/beginweb/cgi-bin/gen_page.php?user=goldingg&&group=STF
303-494-5730
"If Love is Blind, why is lingerie so popular?"

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.