[lug] VSFTP Doesn't connect for some people

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Oct 15 00:51:54 MDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 04:17:46PM -0600, Bill Thoen wrote:
>and FTP server behind a firewall machine (also running FC4.)  My VSFTP
>server has been working fine for most people. But I've noticed that one
>of my clients can't connect using the latest IE from an XP box (but she

Almost certainly because, as was mentioned, some clients are running
passive and some active.  Set up connection-tracking to use the FTP
modules:

   [root at server ~]# grep ftp /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config
   # Space separated list of nat helpers (e.g. 'ip_nat_ftp ip_nat_irc'), which
   IPTABLES_MODULES="ip_conntrack_ftp"

Then restart iptables.  That'll probably do it.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 Memory is like an orgasm. It's a lot better if you don't have to fake it.
                 -- Seymore Cray, on virtual memory