[lug] ANN: CLUE-North Meeting, 24 Oct

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Wed Oct 19 07:25:59 MDT 2005

Greetings!

CLUE-North will be having its monthly meeting on Monday, 24 October at
7PM at DeVry University's Westminster Campus.  Directions and details
can be found on CLUE's web site at http://www.cluedenver.org

Topic: Asterisk VoIP by Dale Laushman and Eric Alexander
Abstract:

With the burgeoning demand for VOIP phone service, Asterisk is the
hottest thing in open source software. Asterisk is a complete
software-based PBX that runs on Linux, BSD and MacOSX and provides all
of the features you would expect from a PBX and more. Asterisk can
interoperate with almost all standards-based telephony equipment using
relatively inexpensive hardware.

We have implemented the software in local businesses, and now we're
going to show you how to configure your own Asterisk system to eliminate
sales calls during dinner. Yes, we are trained professionals, but YOU
CAN DO THIS AT HOME! Learn how to set up Asterisk step-by-step with a
proven selection of operating systems and packages.

The Uptime Group is your Denver/Boulder outsourced information
technology department. From computer networking to phone systems to
ongoing maintenance and support, we deliver the most cost-effective,
reliable and secure IT solutions by innovatively integrating the best of
traditional and Linux/open-source software with existing systems "where
it makes sense."

Hope to see everyone there!

--- Crawford
CLUE-North Coordinator