[lug] ifconfig/apache -- 2 ips, 2 domain names

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Oct 24 04:35:04 MDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 11:08:49AM -0600, Hugh Brown wrote:
>This will survive a reboot if ONBOOT="yes" is set.  You don't have to mess
>with ifconfig, the fedora/redhat scripts take care of that for you.  You
>won't need the GATEWAY= line (if present) in the ifcfg-eth0:0 file.

GATEWAY is probably set in /etc/sysconfig/network, not in the ifcfg
scripts.

>So in my original email, I meant /var/www/bike/html because I prefer to
>keep separate websites separate.  If it is your intent to mix the two
>sites and provide multiple paths to the content (via dijon or bike), then
>use /var/www/html/bike (but be prepared for some future maintenance pain).

I tend to like to get them out of /var/www, since the stock Apache uses
that.  I usually use /home/httpd/sitesname/{log,html,cgi-bin} for virtual
sites.

Name-based virtual hosting is great, except when you need to use SSL.  SSL
requires one IP per SSL site.

Sean
--
 Sucking all the marrow out of life doesn't mean choking on the bone.
                 -- _Dead_Poet's_Society_