[lug] WAP support in latest kernel

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Oct 24 14:03:49 MDT 2005

I was talking with Jon Corbet last week and he mentioned that the
upcoming 2.6.14 was supposed to include support for making a Linux box a
wireless access point.  I might have misunderstood what that meant, but
does anyone have any background on that?  Does that mean I'll be able to
hook a wireless client directly into the Linux server without buying a
Linksys box to go between them?  If so, that offers some cool
possibilities.

What was missing in the kernel that kept it from acting as a WAP prior
to 2.6.14?
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |  All generalizations are false, including