[lug] Do CD-TWs suck?

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Thu Oct 27 15:10:11 MDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 13:17 -0600, Michael Hirsch wrote:
> Is this just me, or is it a common problem.  I've only recently
> started using CD-RWs.  I have my mandriva distribution on 4 CDs, and
> almost every time I use them one disk or another can't be read.  If I
> burn it again then I can usually read it, but that's terrible.  I've
> not had this problem before with CD-Rs.
>
> Is this common, or is it just that the CD-RWs I bought are a low
> quality brand.

I don't think it's a common problem.  I can't remember the last time a
CD-R or RW or DVD-anything didn't work after I burned it.  I tend to buy
the cheap stuff, too.

It might be more of a burner problem.  You might want to try slowing the
burner down to a slower burn speed.  Also check if there are firmware
updates for your CD burner.
--
Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org>