[lug] grub.conf and BIOS drive specifications

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Thu Oct 27 19:20:10 MDT 2005

> FWIW, my /boot has about 13MB used. 5 kernel versions, & grub. no initrds.

For me I don't really care about drive space. Mainly it's the pain of
wanting to boot more configurations, and have a removeable disk as a
backup (which goes far beyond simply being a rescue disk...it just plugs
in and becomes the working setup, and you can figure out what went wrong
when time permits). Plus I have an old windows 2000 install (heh...games
only, thank you open office!), which wants to be the first drive. If I
were to set the boot loader to run windows when windows is not the first
drive, it'd hose everything via messing with the registry (and it's
windows is too stupid to mess with its own registry and do it right).

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net