[lug] Can Unix Samba server copy files from Windows shares?

Gordon Golding gordongoldin at netscape.net
Thu Nov 3 15:47:35 MST 2005

I have a server in a PC environment. I've set up Samba so people can drag- and-drop their Windows files on a Samba share to back them up.

I want to actively have my Linux server backup those files.

Can I use the Samba server to go out to the PCs and copy files from their Shared Directories?

What other ways are there for my Linux machine to backup the files off the Windows PCs?

--
Gordon Golding
aka Golding the Younger DH70
gordongoldin at netscape.net
http://cslr.colorado.edu/beginweb/cgi-bin/gen_page.php?user=goldingg&&group=STF
303-494-5730
"If Love is Blind, why is lingerie so popular?"

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.