[lug] Wget Behavior Differnces on Different Machines

Matt Thompson thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu
Tue Nov 8 14:49:03 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 14:35 -0700, Evelyn Mitchell wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> I don't know why it's failing one place and not the other. I can't see that
> either session you've included is succeeding.
>
> Try a smaller chunk of data, like for a specific state.

I tried his command, and it seemed to work for me (FC4).  It screamed
through the first part of the spidering, and then started the first zip
file download.

I'm surprised there isn't a .torrent for this data.  Seems like a
perfect thing for it.  Of course, the >5 GB size means it'd be a
ginormous torrent.  Maybe someone could make a torrent for each state?

And, how many DVDs does this come on from the guvmint?

Matt

--
The mayfly lives only one day, and sometimes it rains. - Geo. Carlin
   Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/