[lug] Suse 10 install problems

Paul Nowosielski paul at celebrityaccess.com
Fri Nov 11 13:26:08 MST 2005

Dear All,

I'm trying to install Suse 10 on a dual P3 system.
I choose the installation type as "minimal:text only".
After all the packages load from disk 1 the installation software
prompts me to reboot. Once the box is rebooted it does not go back to
the installation and prompt for disk 5 which has the last package on it.
The system runs the normal grun boot screen.
If I choose "boot from hard disk" it starts to boot then locks up on:

System Boot Control: running /etc/ini.d/boot.local

If I choose installation it goes back to the beginning of the install.

Normally the installation would return to the packages area and prompt
for additional disks then prompt for the root password. this is not
happening.

Any ideas or advice to alleviate this situation would be greatly
appreciated.

Best,

--
Paul Nowosielski