[lug] DSL FRII/Qwest Actiontec modem

Elyse M. Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Sat Nov 12 16:22:06 MST 2005

I know we've been throught this before, but following the recommendations in
the previous threads doesn't seem to be helping me.

I have a fixed IP address.
Wireless is off
Lan IP address for the modem is 192.168.0.1
DHCP is off
No services blocked
No websites blocked
Remote managment and telnet are off
Ports 22 and 80 are forwarded to 192.168.0.2
DMX hosting is on, directed to 192.168.0.2
Firewall Basic (documented as NAT only, no ports blocked)
Dynamic Routing off
NAT on
Static routing 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0,192.168.0.2
Telnet timeout setting 30 minutes

Right after I make these settings, if I hit the external IP address with a
browser, I get a response that suggests I'm getting through to the server. If
I try ssh-ing, I get
[emgrasso at bast ~]$ ssh local.data-raptors.com
ssh: connect to host local.data-raptors.com port 22: Connection refused

and then retrying the external web address gives me the Actiontec login
screen.

192.168.0.2 is static IP address of a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband router
whose lan address is 192.168.1.1.
DDNS is disabled
MAC address cloning is on
Advanced routing is Gateway, no static routing settings
Wireless is on,
Firewall is enabled, with Block Anonymous, Filter Multicast, and Filter IDENT
checked, Filter NAT is not checked
Access restrictions disabled
Ports including 80 and 22 are redirected to 192.168.1.2
No port triggering set
DMZ is disabled
QOS is disabled
UPnP is enabled

The server has a static Lan IP of 192.168.1.2 with a wired connection, not
wireless. It can be reached by ssh using its LAN IP.

I would appreciate any suggestions for Actiontec and Linksys settings changes
that will let me actually hit the server from outside: I'm on the road a lot
these days.

Should I try updating the modem software?

Should I buy a different modem? Will Qwest let me use one I didn't buy from
them?

--
Elyse Grasso

http://www.data-raptors.com    Computers and Technology