[lug] InstallFest, 19 Nov

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Fri Nov 18 08:35:14 MST 2005

Crawford,
In addition to installing linux on my desktop machine and having my linux
machine use the router, I want to install it on the WRT54G router itself.
Will there be anyone there to help me with that?

I tried it previously and installed linux on the WRT54G and was able to
telnet to my router and even run VI on the router. I was impressed.
Unfortunately, I hosed the wireless feature of the router and was unable to
restore that feature. Fortunately, the retailer was willing to give my my
$60 back.

Assuming I can get a WRT54G v1.1 that is compatible with linux (thanks to
the previous posters, I now know to look for some serial numbers), will
there be anyone there to help me install linux ON THE ROUTER?

Thanks,
Siegfried