[lug] gv questions -- SOLVED

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Fri Nov 18 08:57:44 MST 2005

David L. Anselmi wrote:

> Gary Hodges wrote:
>
>> It was the antialias setting.  Damn, I was getting ready to scrap
>> Kubuntu for SuSE 10.
>

> Do you mean KDE's setting or gv's?  I assume that turning
> anti-aliasing off was faster, right?

It was a setting in gv.  I made the change in the .gv file as I couldn't
figure out how to get gv to save that setting with the GUI.  And yes,
turning it off made it a lot faster.  Not sure what anti-aliasing does.
If you forced me to choose I'd say the plots with it on looked a little
better, but not better enough to justify the performance hit.  Seems
funny to me it is on my default.  I guess SuSE thinks so too.

Gary