[lug] tomcat5.5 as daemon on FC4

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Sun Nov 20 12:57:07 MST 2005

>>DAEMON_HOME=/usr/local/tomcat5
>>$DAEMON_HOME/bin/jsvc \
>>-Djava.endorsed.dirs=$DAEMON_HOME/common/endorsed \
..

> I just looked a little closer.  export'ing the CLASSPATH wouldn't serve
> any purpose.  I did look at a jsvc startup script that I modified for a
> friend and I had DAEMON_HOME set to $CATALINA_HOME/bin instead of just
> to the $CATALINA_HOME that you have set.

Originally it was set to this. It failed this way as well. I used this
value because of what I found on a web page. Unfortunately, if I look at
the location of common/endorsed/, it is directly under $CATALINA_HOME,
and is not visible from the bin subdirectory. Removing the bin/ from
this actually reduced the number of errors. One thing I wonder about
though, the common/endorsed/ subdirectory has no other files in it.
Maybe something there is required?

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net