[lug] Multi OS booting

William Petty billpetty at adelphia.net
Sun Nov 20 22:15:31 MST 2005

Well I have it running, but I had to resort to letting grub replace the boot
sector
on the first SCSI disk.  I also had to do a repair of the Linux installation
to reconfigure
it as being on the second drive. (It was originally installed on sda, its
now on sdb)

If I ever boot with either SCSI drive missing, the bios remaps them and
nothing
boots until I re-run setup and re-order the drives.
  Windows on sda (ID=0),
   Linux on sdb (ID=1)
   Data on hda (Mapped last)

So, I guess I am up and running, as long as all additional drives have
higher IDs.
I can also see the Windows and Data partitions while in Linux which is what
originally wanted .

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I just wish grub's boot sector (Stage1)
had the
drive/partition info in plain text so it could be easily edited. That would
have save
me two day's worth of futzing around!!