[lug] set or change host name - FC3

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Wed Dec 7 14:14:52 MST 2005

I'd guess that you'd run system-config-network and make the change in
there.

Otherwise, I'd look in /etc/sysconfig/network, and the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/* and maybe /etc/sysconfig/networking/
files.

I'm also going off experience with RedHat in general, not specifically
FC3.

/etc/hosts is just basic name resolution, but you'd want to include the
IP/host mapping for your new hostname.

Hugh