[lug] Parallel Port boot cd

Munro Jim-AJM083 Jim.Munro at motorola.com
Thu Dec 8 16:54:26 MST 2005

I have a PC104 system I'm trying to load linux onto, it has only 1 ide input (supports 2 drives), 1 parallel and 2 serial ports.  I have a MicroSolutions backpack pport CDROM that I am trying to use but the distro I'm using, slackware 9.1 (using the pportide.i boot) doesn't seem to recognize and I'm wondering if I need to pass in boot parameters or if it should just autodetect it.

I was just curious if anyone else on this list has experience with this sort of hardware and may have already encountered this.

Thanks,

- Jim Munro
e-Mail: mailto:jim.munro at motorola.com