[lug] various higher end audio cards on linux

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Tue Dec 13 21:28:51 MST 2005

I'm curious, I know the basic Soundblaster Live is well supported on
linux, but I haven't seen much on the Audigy 4 or some of the other
higher end cards like the E-MU 1820M. Mostly what I'm thinking of are
front panel mount input/output convenience devices that fit in a 5 1/4"
bay, and include SPDIF optical. Other cards than Soundblaster are ok,
but frankly I don't pay much attention to what else is available. Some
of the RME Hammerfall cards have some support, but I'm assuming it isn't
complete, and also that the cost is way beyond what I'd be willing to
pay. Can anyone give advice on a linux-compatible card with good quality
and front patch panel available including SPDIF?

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net