[lug] Mozilla mail: won't connect to server

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Sun Dec 18 15:49:23 MST 2005

At 1:40 this morning, we were noticing problems in Comcast/ATT in Fort
Collins. They seemed to be limited to Fort Collins, as it wasn't replicated
in Comcast Denver at that time.

I'm not sure that what you were seeing was the same thing, I just thought
I'd mention it in case it's related.

We're not sure if it's resolved, we've switched over to the DSL and haven't
retested Comcast yet.

Evelyn

* On 2005-12-18 10:53 bgiles at coyotesong.com <bgiles at coyotesong.com> wrote:
> I had _severe_ problems with my mail starting last night, and reached the
> point where I had to reinstall mozilla 1.7 from scratch and nuke the
> existing profiles.
>
> I've recreated my mail accounts and verified that I can send email, but
> it's apparently checking for email via telepathy.  It's certainly not
> using IMAP -- the servers on the other side aren't seing any connection
> requests.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> (Before someone suggests thinking outside of the box, I've tried
> thunderbird but it thinks my x-server refuses to talk to it and Kmail
> appears to assume you have a far larger display than mine.  I'm currently
> limping with webmail, but that's not a viable long-term solution.)
>
> Bear

This email is: [ ] actionable [x] fyi [ ] social
Response needed: [ ] yes [x] up to you [ ] no
Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [x] soon [ ] none

                            http://www.tummy.com/