[lug] Mozilla mail: won't connect to server

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Sun Dec 18 21:08:47 MST 2005

I have both sides of the connection so I can monitor the logs.  Before I
nuked mozilla I saw a successful connection but then there was no other
activity.  On the UI the spinner kept going until there was a timeout
message.

At the same time I could connect with koffice and webmail.  There were
UI issues that made their permanent use unacceptable but it proves that
the problem wasn't on the server.

After the reinstall (where .mozilla was rebuilt from scratch) it's not
even attempting to connect to the server.  On the UI side I'm not
getting a password prompt or a spinner.  I changed server configuration,
user id, even did a "connect" and "disconnect", all with no effect.

Bear