[lug] Mozilla mail: won't connect to server

bof bof at pcisys.net
Mon Dec 19 06:01:18 MST 2005

bgiles at coyotesong.com wrote:

>I had _severe_ problems with my mail starting last night, and reached the
>point where I had to reinstall mozilla 1.7 from scratch and nuke the
>existing profiles.

Whatever identity you used when you installed mozilla, you have to run
it once as that identity before running it as anyone else, or you'll
(theoretically )get a core dump.

I've had problems (it usually didn't run or became unresponsive) with
this when I installed it as root and then tried running it as me without
first running it as root.

BOF