[lug] Backup

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Fri Dec 23 09:59:28 MST 2005

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 06:36:21PM -0700, George Sexton wrote:
> Practically speaking, an abandoned gold or silver mine up in the Rockies
> would do a lot better.

In addition to the recent comment about lack of power in such places, I
also feel compelled to mention one other drawback (based on personal
experience - I worked for 5 months in a molybdenum mine near Empire).

Most mines hereabouts have lots of water on hand, and need active
measures to keep dry (i.e., big pumps and big pipes). I don't think
computers (or backup media) would enjoy that environment.

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot (tm)