[lug] Load Balancing Question

Ben Luey lueyb at jilau1.colorado.edu
Sat Dec 24 09:56:35 MST 2005

I haven't done any load-balancing, so I might be completely off my
rocker... But could you do load-balancing internally via ip address?

I'm not quite clear on your configuration. If you have squid running on
two servers, then just have half the machines use one and half use the
other (set via dhcp, say)

If you have one squid machine that routes the requests to either of the
two machines, can you configure a rule in squid that picks which machine
to forward to based on the incoming ip address?

Good Luck,

Ben