[lug] Backup

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Dec 26 08:07:18 MST 2005

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 08:08:11PM -0700, Daniel Webb wrote:
>Is that all there is to it?

I wouldn't rely on it without testing it.  I always simulate a failure
on the array and make sure that it sends, and I receive, the e-mail that
it generates.  YOu can simulate a drive failure, and recover from it, using
"mdadm --manage" with the "--fail", "--remove" and "--add" options, in that
order.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 Actual job advertisement:
 Please submit resumes in Word format with subject "Lead Unix Admin" to: [xxx]