[lug] CD burning verification

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Dec 26 08:37:19 MST 2005

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 10:52:50PM -0700, Daniel Webb wrote:
>How do you detect tracks that can be read, but only after several passes?
>Isn't that done at the hardware level?

I was using low-level SCSI code to do the reading, which allowed me to
bypass any buffering/caching, get accurate read timing results, receive
low-level error codes, and also set command timeouts on each SCSI command
so that the program wouldn't just hang as the drive tried over and over to
read a disc.  I would do some statistics with a histogram on the resulting
timing information to determine if the disc was good or bad.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 Whenever possible, steal code.