[lug] comparing cat 5e and cat 6 cables

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Dec 27 18:20:23 MST 2005

Mike Stanczyk wrote:
[...]
> Speaking of vendors, you can try Graybar Electric if you need better
> than Compusa pricing.  They're just off the I-25 and I-70 junction and they
> should still sell direct to the public.

I've bought from them before.  If you aren't sure just what you want and
want to see before you buy or get advice they're great, especially for
bulk stuff.  But they cost more than you can find on the 'net.

One thing to consider when buying bulk cable is how easy it is to work
with.  The kind of box, insulating material, coloring, etc. can all
affect how easy it is to get the job done.  Not very easy to evaluate
over the 'net.

Dave