[lug] Backup

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Wed Dec 28 00:10:09 MST 2005

Siegfried Heintze wrote:
> Is there anyone that attends the install fests that has hacked a linksys
> NSLU2 NAS controller successfully and would be willing to help someone hack
> a NSLU2?

This might be a case where it makes more sense to commodify it.  Wouldbe
hackers can set up their own toolchain and everyone, but everyone else
can pay a modest premium and get something ready to use.

> This would save me the trouble of popping off my case once a week and
> physically connecting my spare drive to do a backup of the boot disk? How
> would I copy the local disk image to the network boot disk?

You would want to keep the network boot stuff on its own partition.
Copying the rest could be done by simply nfs mounting the disk, scp,
rsync, rdiff-backup,....

Bear