[lug] Superblock in the future?

D. Frye dafr at dafr.us
Fri Dec 30 08:46:41 MST 2005

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 08:26:07AM -0700, Marty Haught wrote:
} > Just curious, did you update your system yesterday (thursday)? I
} > updated my lap top wednesday, and have no problems( debian testing,
} > uname -r = 2.6.14). I updated my desktop (debian testing, uname -r =
} > 2.6.14.3) yesterday and I have the same problem as described in your
} > paragraph above, minus the clock issue. At the time I figured my hard
} > drive was beginning to get sick. I can hear the fan struggling inside
} > the box sometimes, so I have been expecting a failure. But maybe it
} > has more to do with the debian testing than it does with the hardware?
}
} I did.  I do that every morning.  There were several updates so it's
} probably more likely that something I pulled down yesterday caused it.
}  This morning I tried the DVI jack on the laptop and it worked fine.
} Also, the superblock issue didn't return.  Perhaps my machine has
} caught up to my future-leaning Superblock.  *shrugs*
}

I'll be the third person to notice this same behavior. System updates
were performed the last two days now, and rebooted this morning with the
same error message.

--

D. Frye
dafr AT dafr.us