[lug] forcing certain services to use eth1 instead of eth0

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Tue Jan 3 16:25:19 MST 2006

You can usually tell servers to only listen to some IP addresses.  It's
easy to tell Courier IMAP/POP, for instance, to only listen to one of
your eth interfaces.  I'm pretty sure you can do the same thing with NFS
-- some services are basically NFS mounted on the loopback interface.

I'll leave it to others to answer how to control the outbound interface
used when your system originates the connection.  (SMTP, for instance.)

Bear