[lug] Bug tracking systems

Michael Belanger mrb at ciclops.org
Tue Jan 3 16:35:56 MST 2006

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 11:18, Ted Logan wrote:
> At work, my small software group has decided to upgrade our bug
> tracking system from a shared spreadsheet to something a bit more
> robust. I have no actual experience using bug tracking systems, so I'm
> not really sure what to look for or which ones are good.
>
> Bugzilla is the biggest name in open source bug tracking, but not the
> only one; a quick survey of Freshmeat's bug tracking category
> (http://freshmeat.net/browse/846/) gives plenty of projects. What
> experience have BLUGers had with bug tracking software? Any positive
> (or negative) recomendations?

Bugzilla is pretty bulky and clunky.. I am sure Redhat is regretting that
choice.

I prefer a very simple bug tracker.. http://flyspray.rocks.cc/

I have also tried:
Remedy  - too expensive and too much work to configure
Zentrack (http://sourceforge.net/projects/zentrack/) -  easy to install,
overly complicated for our needs).

Flyspray was easy to theme and real easy to use.  feature rich, but without a
lot of fluff.

nnel

--
Michael Belanger