[lug] forcing certain services to use eth1 instead of eth0

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Jan 3 17:01:31 MST 2006

Michael Belanger wrote:

> I am all for making things simpler.  The eth1 is a seperate IP but on the same
> network.  However, it is a new connection.  Perhaps I just need to clear the
> routing table?

Ah, so the machine had an eth0 on a network, and eth1 was added on that
same network?

Should just work.

Was the new IP on eth1 ever used as a virtual IP on eth0?  Now THAT
would likely cause problems -- you'd have to clear the ARP table on the
upstream device.

What does netstat -an show?  Is everything listening on both interfaces?

Nate