[lug] Cisco 678 and NAT

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Tue Jan 3 19:06:52 MST 2006

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 01:47:26PM -0700, Timothy Klein wrote:

> You can either keep repeatedly calling in repair tickets, and hope
> you get a good tech that cares about customer service (they do have
> them)

Yeah.  One reason you may get a good tech is because they do stupid things
like put highly-trained network techs doing residential piddly-work.  I have
had several problems with my qwest lines in the last 5 years, and the guys
they usually send out seem to be bozos who know less about the phone network
than I do (and that's saying something).  Last year, though, I had a problem
and got a guy who was one of the best techs I've met.  I asked him what he was
doing working residential support for Qwest and he told me he used to do
infrastructure stuff, but that Qwest put most of their infrastructure techs
doing residential because they're basically abandoning their infrastructure.

He didn't say so, but I suspected he accepted the demotion so he would still
have a paycheck while he looked for a new job...