[lug] Bug tracking systems

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 21:51:42 MST 2006

On 1/3/06, Craig Talbert <Talbert at colorado.edu> wrote:
> Quoting Ted Logan <ted.logan at gmail.com>:
>
> > Bugzilla is the biggest name in open source bug tracking, but not the
> > only one; a quick survey of Freshmeat's bug tracking category
> > (http://freshmeat.net/browse/846/) gives plenty of projects. What
> > experience have BLUGers had with bug tracking software? Any positive
> > (or negative) recomendations?
>
> Depending on what you're doing Bugzilla can be overkill.  For my CS senior
> project (rprn.org) we used Mantis:
>
> http://www.mantisbt.org/
>
> It was simple, and did what it needed to do well.
>
> - Craig

FWIW, Engineers at Echostar use [a highly customized version of ]
Mantis for controlling everything in the Bug Report -> change request
assignment -> local fix -> regression test version -> production
release continuum. It is very easy to customize.

--
Collins Richey
      Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code ... If you write