*SPAM* Re: [lug] forcing certain services to use eth1 instead of eth0

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Jan 4 15:36:28 MST 2006

Michael Belanger wrote:

> My final question.. Where do I put the route commands and rules so they are
> reloaded on reboot?  I had noticed that my previous entries were cleared when
> I rebooted earlier.

RedHat has an init script that's run after everything else loads...

/etc/rc.local

I personally prefer to write a proper startup shell script and put it in
/etc/init.d and then do the proper symlinks to /etc/rcX.d using
chkconfig at whatever point in the boot process it should happen... but
that's just the Debian geek in me sneaking out.

Debian doesn't have an equivalent to rc.local.

Nate