[lug] Bug tracking systems

Jani Averbach jaa at jaa.iki.fi
Fri Jan 6 18:25:01 MST 2006

On 2006-01-03 11:18-0700, Ted Logan wrote:
> At work, my small software group has decided to upgrade our bug
> tracking system from a shared spreadsheet to something a bit more
> robust. I have no actual experience using bug tracking systems, so I'm
> not really sure what to look for or which ones are good.

If you are using or have planned to use Subversion as your version
control engine, then I recommend that you take serious look of
trac. It plays really nicely ball with subversion, and it contains
integrated wiki:

http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/
http://subversion.tigris.org/

I have used it for few projects (under 10 developers) and it has been
great for our needs.

BR, Jani

--
Jani Averbach