[lug] rpmbuild and spec files

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Jan 13 16:57:49 MST 2006

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 03:53:26PM -0600, Hugh Brown wrote:
>I'd expect it to do:
>
>error: Failed build dependencies:
>        lam >= 7.1.1-5 is needed by blacs-1.1-11.i386

And normally it would.  Something is kind of whacky there, I know I've had
it winge about having the wrong version of a package for buildrequires.
Try changing it from lam to something like "fileutils >= 99" and see if it
still doesn't complain.

I wonder if there's something weird about your lam package, or maybe
multiple lam versions installed or that it thinks are installed.  "rpm -qa
| grep lam", does that report only the one?

>On the system:
>rpm -q --qf='%{Name} %{Version}\n' lam
>lam 7.0.6

Also try:

   rpm -qa --qf='%{Name} %{Version} %{Release} %{Epoch}\n' | grep lam

I wonder if it might be an epoch issue.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 Having been an entrepreneur, I value being a wage-slave in new ways.  I also
 more fully understand why I hate it.  -- Evelyn Mitchell, 1999