[lug] gimp suggestions?

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Mon Jan 16 18:19:35 MST 2006

I'm looking for the most direct way to export, from gimp (or some other
common tool), the RGB or RGBA data from a color image as hex data. E.G.,
for red => ff0000, green => 00ff00, blue => 0000ff. I'm experimenting
with some of the file formats which come close, but for example the xpm
format seems to do some encoding. Can anyone give me an idea of some
simple way to take an image and save it as just RGB/RGBA pixel data in a
hex string, with no compression or other information?

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net