[lug] gimp suggestions?

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Mon Jan 16 18:50:01 MST 2006

I'd use processing to do this. I believe it comes with an example which
does this.

www.processing.org

A very cool program, by the way, for anyone interested in creating with
images and audio.

* On 2006-01-16 18:29 D. Stimits <stimits at comcast.net> wrote:
> I'm looking for the most direct way to export, from gimp (or some other
> common tool), the RGB or RGBA data from a color image as hex data. E.G.,
> for red => ff0000, green => 00ff00, blue => 0000ff. I'm experimenting
> with some of the file formats which come close, but for example the xpm
> format seems to do some encoding. Can anyone give me an idea of some
> simple way to take an image and save it as just RGB/RGBA pixel data in a
> hex string, with no compression or other information?
>
> D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net
This email is: [ ] actionable [x] fyi [ ] social
Response needed: [ ] yes [x] up to you [ ] no
Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [x] soon [ ] none

                            http://www.tummy.com/