[lug] [OT] Qwest's changes Subscriber Agreement...

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Jan 17 12:34:22 MST 2006

Nick Golder wrote:
> On 2006-01-17 11:02 -0700, John Hernandez wrote:
>> This statement, in particular, is particularly devoid of any
>> quantifiable meaning:
>>
>> "You agree not to use the Service for high volume or excessive use or in
>> a way that impacts Qwest network resources or Qwest?s ability to provide
>> services."
>>
>> Wouldn't it be nice to see some numbers in terms of allowable peak
>> burst, sustained throughput, etc?  How can one reasonably comply
>> otherwise?  Sheesh.

Yes it would.  Time to write to the PUC and ask them to make Qwest
define "excessive" on a circuit DESIGNED and advertised at a certain speed.

This kind of crappy "engineering by changing the rules" drives me nuts.

If DSL transport is a regulated service, I'll be writing a letter.  Only
takes everyone 5 minutes to make the dumb wording of this go away
permanently.

The e-mail address is, puc at dora.state.co.us -- or
http://www.dora.state.co.us/puc/ for more info.

Either tell us the limitations of the circuit up-front, or don't sell
the service and give someone else with half a clue access to the copper
in the ground.  Idiots.

Nate