[lug] [OT] Qwest's changes Subscriber Agreement...

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Tue Jan 17 12:47:28 MST 2006

Timothy Klein wrote:
> Pay particular attention to item 7(a) especially the phrase: “…you  may
> not use Service to host any type of server, personal or commercial.”

Does this include SSH?  (E.g., so you can retrieve forgotten files from
work or while on the road.)

That's an interesting question since I've had problems with clueless
Comcast service droids who didn't understand the distinction between
"hosting" a mail or web server (for public use) and "running" a mail or
web server for internal use.

So do you "host" SSH?  Technically, it's a daemon that listens to port
22.  But unlike mail, web, nntp, etc., there's nothing of public
interest in it.

Bear