[lug] Linux and wireless

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Jan 27 16:22:06 MST 2006

Ken MacFerrin wrote:

> Yep.. you can already grab them from NewEgg:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833124190
>
> Although I wish they would come out with a 32MB RAM model like the old
> WRT54GS used to be.  That extra 16MB provides a lot more options to work
> with.

That's cool.

What are the "desireable" models of the WRT54GS?  I have one of those
but I've never put alternate flash on it... just using Linksys' stuff on
there right now.

Are the WRT54GS's also having the same "upgrade to VxWorks" stuff going
on with them as the original WRT54G's?

Anyone know?  Or did I just miss it in this thread.

I would guess that the GS I have is going to work with Linux stuff if I
ever attempt it... since it's probably in the right age range, if the GS
has this model number fun going on too... at least I've got that one!

Nate