[lug] building a live CD from LFS

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Jan 27 19:50:20 MST 2006

Anyone ever done this?  I'm having a little problem.  I used SquashFS
for most of my CD, just like the LFS LiveCD.  But when I try to access
it with losetup (under BusyBox 1.1.0) I get this:

bio too big device loop0 (2>0)

I did some googling and found that BusyBox 1.1.0 may not work with
losetup correctly.  I'm going to try BusyBox 1.0 to verify if that's the
problem.

I have the loop device compiled into the kernel along with squashfs.

Anyone seen this before when creating a LiveCD of any kind?  Any idea
what it really means?  It almost sounds like my squashfs file is too
large, but I don't think that's the problem.  It's something related to
access the loop device with losetup.  I just don't know what yet.

--
Michael J. Hammel
The Graphics Muse                 STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS.
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
http://www.ximba.org