[lug] Fustration with SuSE

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Mon Jan 30 12:25:29 MST 2006

One of the joys of being a neophyte is that your toolbox usu. consists of
a hammer (i.e. reinstall) and everything looks like a nail.  With time,
your toolbox gets bigger and better and the old problems seem trivial.

YaST does have the ability to specify on online source, so once you've
installed, you shouldn't need the CDs again (assuming a fast network
connection).

The SuSE tool for X configuration is SaX (which should be linked out of
yast).  The monitor problem was likely due to SuSE incorrectly identifying
your monitor's sync rates.

Hugh