[lug] ext3 partition error

D. Frye dafr at dafr.us
Wed Feb 8 08:58:18 MST 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 08:39:24AM -0700, Stephen Queen wrote:
} I have been loading Debian sarge on an USB drive.  I have Debian
} testing on a regular partition on the hard drive.  After I boot into
} the USB drive and mount the hard drive on /mnt of the USB, then reboot
} to the hard drive, during boot up I get an error that the super block
} has a time stamp in the future. I then have to run fsck on the
} partition. Does any one know what could be going on here?
}
} Stephen Queen

To quote David L. Anselmi from his posting to this mailing list on 30
December 2005:

--- begin ---

This is a bug in e2fsprogs version 1.38+1.39-WIP-2005.12.10-1.  Details
and workaround at:

(bug 343645 is the same issue, FWIW).  Or you can stick with 1.38 for
the time being.

I found that there was an update available yesterday for my workstation
that exhibits the same problems and installed them, but I haven't
rebooted yet to test.

--

D. Frye
dafr AT dafr.us